227g unsalted butter
220g self raising flour
130g high protein flour
100g fine sugar
200g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine salt
- Combine flour, baking soda & sugar with a whisk. Set aside.
- Beat butter & sugar until pale.
- Add eggs, salt & vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour until incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto baking paper. I used a ice cream scoop for consistency.
- Add a chunk of chocolate & press onto the dough. Add a small dollop of dough into chocolate to cover it.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 10-11mins depending on size of dough.
- Remove from oven & let it cool abit before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Freshly baked chewy cookies are best consumed immediately.
- Store remaining dough in freezer until ready to bake.Bake in airfryer at 150 degrees for 11-12 mins.
This is not ideal because the exposed chocolate will dry up during baking. You should pressed chocolate chunks further into the dough to flatten it. Add a small dollop of dough to cover the chocolate chunks will result in a warm gooey chocolate filling after baking.