This recipe make 6-7 bowls of fish soup
Fresh Batang head and bones
Use a generous amount of fish head & bones. Rinse and pat dry fish head and bones. Spray with oil. Bake in oven at 200 degrees until golden brown. It takes about 45 mins.
Fresh Batang fillet
Do not rinse with running water. Rinse once in a bowl of lightly salted water, slice and chill. Cook straight from the fridge.
2 pcs of Sole fish
Rinsed, pat dry, spray with oil, air fried at 180 degrees until crispy. Grind into powder.
Half a yam, about 8 slices, air fried or deep fried until golden brown
Half a Napa Cabbage aka Wong Bok, cut into chunks
Large chunk of old ginger, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
3 garlic cloves, chopped
Fry in a small amount of oil until golden brown
Spring onions, chopped
Chinese parsley, chopped
Making of fish stock
- Add fish head and bones, ginger and sole fish powder to boiling water.
- Boil for 15 mins before simmering for 30 mins.
- Set aside.
Making of fish slice soup
You can cook one bowl at a time or all at once.
- Sieve out the soup and discard the fish head and bones.
- Add napa cabbage, yam, fish sauce, chinese wine, salt and pepper. Cook until cabbage turns slightly softened.
- Add fish slices and bring stock to a rolling boil.
- Garnish with spring onions, chinese parsley, fried garlic oil and fried shallots.
- Serve immediately.
Chili padi, chopped
Tau Cheo, paste or finely chopped