Adapted from The Chinese Soup Lady
12 pcs of chicken feet, blanched
2 packs of fresh raw chestnuts (About 15 pieces per pack)
1 two-colour corn, chopped into 4-5 pieces
1 carrot, cut into chunks
2 litres of water
Preparing the chestnuts
- Boil for 10 mins with high heat
- Let it cool for few minutes
- Rinse once
- Remove its skin and shell when it is still warm
- If you noticed the chestnuts partially or totally black or dark colour on its exterior, please remove that part or discard.
- Set aside
Preparing the soup
- Bring water to boil
- Add chicken feet, corn and carrot
- Simmer for 2 hours
- Remove chicken feet
- Add chestnuts and boil for 15 mins or 20 mins if you like it softer
- Add little salt to taste
- You can replace with chicken drumsticks or chicken bones too.
- Please do not buy those chestnuts that have an entire shell on! The market sells those with shells that are partially broken which make it easier to remove after boiling.
Watch video on cooking Chestnut, Corn & Carrot Soup
Watch a short video clip on removing the chestnut skin and shell