November 10, 2015

Smoked Salmon

I did not have a smoker so I used Vanessa Tay's method to smoke my salmon. The recipe is from Jeffrey Yeo. 
Recipe: http://ovenbirdonwheels.tumblr.com/post/117483617363/kettle-smoked-ocean-trout-smoking-my-own-meats


Cure the salmon for two hours.

Line the wok with aluminum foil. Add 2 tbsp of rice grains & 2 tbsp of Long Jing tea leaves. I took out the extra piece of foil because it took too long to heat up. 

Oil the inset with olive oil. Rinse away the marinate on the salmon & dry it with paper towel before laying it skin down onto the inset.

Heat up the wok with medium fire. The moment you see smoke appearing, cover the wok with lid. Switch to smallest fire. Start timing 10 minutes.

The wok, inset & lid were purchased from Tott Store (Dunearn road) for $22.

Remove the lid & let it cool before storing in the fridge until ready to serve.

Flake it before serving over some salad.


Note:
Next attempt try 9 mins smoking.