Love my Chinese salad - Rojak, but the amount of sugar puts me off! Honey makes a good alternative & taste just as good.
Choice of ingredient is really up to you! Crispy you tiao is most important for me. Do a very hot & quick toast to maintain the soft fluffy inside.
Recipe for rojak sauce (one portion)
• 2 tbsp #HuijiHoney
• 1 tbsp rojak shrimp paste
• 1 tbsp caramel sauce
• 1 tbsp tamarind juice
• 1 calamansi, its juice & zest
• 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger flower
• 2 tbsp finely grounded peanuts
1. Add rojak sauce with grounded peanuts. Mix well. Adjust sweetness & tanginess to taste.
2. Add all chopped ingredients & toasted you tiao. Stir well.
3. Top with more grounded peanut before serving. Enjoy!
Suggestion: Do a 50/50 mix of finely grounded & coarsely grounded peanut. Finely grounded peanut helps thicken the sauce while coarsely grounded peanut gives texture to the dish.