2 kg pork belly
2 cans of beer
- Dry your pork belly
- Make as many incisions all over the pork belly skin with a knife or a pricker
- Rub a generous amount of salt all over the pork belly skin
- Place the pork belly onto baking dish
- Pour 1 can of beer into the baking dish without touching the pork belly skin
- Roast at 180 degrees for 30 mins
- You will find that the meat had shrunk and liquid has reduce abit. Pour the other can of beer into the baking dish
- Continue to bake for 2 hours
- Switch to 220 degrees and roast for 30 mins to grill the skin until crisp and deep golden brown
- Transfer the pork belly onto a clean chopping board not meant for handling raw food
- Cool it before slicing into chunky pieces
- Use some of the remaining pork lard to mix into sambal belacan and lime for the dipping sauce
- Serve with dipping sauce
- The pork belly should not be fully submerged into the beer.
- The skin should be kept dry throughout the roasting process.
- If you are making 2 kg of pork, please slice into 1 kg each.