Adapted from http://singaporehomecooks.blogspot.sg/2014/11/white-glutinous-rice-by-tan-connie.html
500g white glutinous rice (Pasar brand), rinsed until water runs clear and soaked for 30 mins
10 dried mushrooms, diced
1 cup of small raw peanuts, rinsed and drained
A handful of dried shrimps, rinsed and drained
15 shallots, sliced
2 tsp of mushroom seasoning powder
Generous amount of white pepper
Salt to taste
- Using slow fire, fry onions in 1 cup of oil until golden brown. Set aside fried shallots.
- Using the shallots oil, fry the mushrooms and dried shrimps until fragrant.
- Add peanuts and rice grains. Stir well with mushrooms seasoning powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 9 inch baking tray.
- Drizzle 4 tbsp of water over the rice and steam for 30-45 mins until fully cooked.
- Serve with spring onions and fried shallots.
For softer texture, pre-soaked the rice longer.
Store in airtight container in the chiller.
Steam before consuming.