210 g self raising flour + 20g corn flour, sifted
150 g castor sugar
120 g coconut oil
5 eggs (60 g), separated
4 very ripe bananas (about 280g)
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees.
- Using a handheld blender, blend banana and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in flour until incorporated. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites & sugar until firm peaks.
- Fold meringue into cake batter until well combined.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 1 hour 15 mins.
- Invert the baking tin to cool completely before slicing.
Try stiff peaks.
180g self-raising flour
45g corn flour
160g vegetable oil
160g castor sugar
Bake at 170 degrees for 55 mins
9 inch baking tin.
Result: Soft cottony, top crust damp.