Ingredients200gm plain flour
100gm cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
100gm icing sugar
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix flour and icing sugar well.
- Using hands, rub butter, flour, icing sugar until the mixture resemble bread crumbs.
- Add egg yolk and knead until it forms a dough.
- Roll out dough until 2 mm thickness
- Cut out shape and place on baking paper
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 to 20 mins. The cookies will appear pale and not golden browned.
- Cool on rack immediately after taken out of oven.
- Store in airtight containers.
- There's no need to knead the dough excessively, else the cookies will turned out hard.
- You can use 2 tablespoons of plain flour for dusting to prevent sticking. Alternatively, you can roll the dough between two pieces of baking paper before cutting with mould.